This Delicious & Tangy Lemon & Blueberry Yogurt Cake Recipe Is Surprisingly Healthy…
Being an adult means being responsible, right?
Yeah, sure. It means you pay your bills… take care of your family… and usually make sure you go to bed at a reasonable time.
But you know what? Being an adult also means that sometimes you get to make choices that you WISHED you could’ve made when you were a kid…
Like eating cake for breakfast.BRAND NEW: These Delicious Desserts Can Help You Burn Fat & Lose Weight
Now, before you get worried that this choice would be *too* irresponsible for your adult sensibilities… let me tell you that this cake is actually quite healthy.
In fact, it’s healthy enough that you can still feel like a responsible adult when you eat it for breakfast… or when you serve it to your family for breakfast.
Personally, I think of this as a perfect breakfast cake because of the delicious flavors.
This soft and fluffy cake hits all the right notes. Tangy citrus and dark berries become even more decadent with a mellow Greek yogurt base.
Even better, this recipe is just filled to the brim with nutritional goodness. The yogurt is high in protein, lending to a more tender crumb… and replaces higher fat ingredients, to boot!
And because this recipe is high protein and dietary fiber, it makes this “dessert” a great way to get early morning energy, especially for kids. If you sneak a slice after dinner, I won’t even judge you.
You can have your cake—and eat it for breakfast, too!
Of course, this tasty lemon & blueberry yogurt cake doesn’t have to be breakfast. It’s also the perfect tangy, sweet ending to any meal… so feel free to serve it as a dessert that no one will guess is healthy.
So, if you’re ready to get started on a cake that’s healthy enough to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert…
Here’s how to make it:
FTH’s Zesty Lemon & Blueberry Yogurt Cake
Makes 9 slices
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (or ¼ cup egg whites)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- ¾ cup blueberries
1) Preheat the oven to 350-F. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2) One by one, add and mix in the sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, eggs (or egg whites), Greek yogurt, and lemon juice and zest. Gently fold in the blueberries, then pour the batter into a lightly greased 8×8 square cake pan.
3) Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool, then serve.
The Tangy Health Star Of This Zesty Lemon & Blueberry Yogurt Cake Recipe
When it comes to flavor, this recipe has A LOT going for it. There’s the zesty lemon… the sweet blueberries… the slightly tangy Greek yogurt…
And when it comes to nutritional value? There’s a lot to love there, too!
While the obvious health stars might seem like the blueberries (famous for their antioxidant content)… or the Greek yogurt (packed with protein & gut-healthy probiotics)…SPECIAL: Researcher Discovers The “Million-Year-Old” Diet That Allows This Tribe To Stay Slim & Healthy… Even While Eating Sugar
Don’t overlook the lemon. Lemons actually pack in several important health benefits, including:
- Lemons are high in vitamin C. This vitamin is an antioxidant that can help protect cells from damaging free radicals.
- They can help improve your skin quality… by reducing wrinkles, dry skin from aging, and damage from the skin. That’s thanks to the vitamin C content, too!
- Lemons contain citric acid. Citric acid, in turn, can help prevent kidney stones.
- Consuming lemons can help promote weight loss. Polyphenol antioxidants in lemons have been shown to help reduce weight gain.
- Lemons can also help aid in digestion and prevent constipation.
- In addition, they can help to freshen your breath and prevent dry mouth.
So really, eating this delicious lemon & blueberry yogurt cake is a great choice for your health!
And if you want to get the health benefits of lemons in other ways, too… they’re pretty easy to work into your diet. Try enjoying a nice glass of lemon water every morning… or adding lemon to your favorite chicken or fish dishes.
How To Make The Carbs In This Recipe “Fat-Burning”…
Yes, you read that right… 😉
When you eat certain fruits before eating carbs… it can give those carbs impressive “fat-burning” qualities.
So if you eat these 5 fruits before eating carbs?
You don’t have to worry about the wheat flour in this recipe at all.
I was definitely skeptical when I first read about this…
The head of his research team put together a short, free video showing you:
- What these 5 common fruits are
- How they make carbs “fat-burning” (instead of fat-inducing), and
- ALL of the cutting-edge research this Ivy League doctor used in his studies.
To get the FREE video… click the link below: