Tasty, Classic Caprese Salad Recipe
Let’s be honest: salad can get boring, fast.
After all, there’s really only so much you can do with lettuce or kale (do they even have flavor??)… and sad toppings like rubbery carrot sticks or limp cucumber slices.
That’s why I LOVE this salad recipe.
But be warned: there is no lettuce in sight!
In fact, this delicious salad recipe only needs 3 simple ingredients… and none of them is a leafy green.SPECIAL: This Scientific Trick Can Reduce Your Belly Fat By 8.5% in Just 12 Weeks…
If you want a few hints as to what this salad is like… here you go:
First, it’s Mediterranean. It’s traditionally Italian, to be exact!
Second, it combines multiple food groups… including both veggies (or fruits, depending on who you ask) and dairy.
Third, it doesn’t really need a dressing! It’s totally delicious on its own… or with a light drizzle of simple balsamic vinaigrette.
Did you figure it out?
This unconventional yet delicious salad is…
This classic Italian salad is made with the main ingredients of tomato, mozzarella, and balsamic vinaigrette.
I personally first encountered this salad at a local Italian restaurant… and I’ve been making my own ever since.TRENDING: Women Who Eat These 3 Cheeses Are Losing Pounds of Stubborn Belly Fat (Research Proven)
It’s surprisingly easy to make at home… and believe me, it looks (and tastes) pretty fancy when you serve it to your guests!
So whether you’ve never tried caprese salad before… or it’s your favorite item to order at Italian restaurants… I can almost guarantee that you’re going to love it.
Another great thing about caprese salad is it’s the perfect salad for any time of year. Some salads seem too seasonal… but not this one.
It’s perfect with a light, summery dinner entree… or in the middle of winter (assuming you have access to fresh tomatoes year-round).
So, if you’re ready to try this delicious, easy caprese salad for yourself…
Here’s how to do it:
FTH’s Classic Caprese Salad
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 log of mozzarella cheese, sliced (try to have an equal number of tomato slices and mozzarella slices)
- Balsamic vinaigrette
1) Alternate between a slice of tomato and a slice of mozzarella cheese on your plate, laying them flat, until you have used up all of the slices of tomato and mozzarella.
2) Season to taste with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
3) Pour (less than you think!) balsamic vinaigrette around the caprese salad.
- Need a balsamic vinaigrette recipe? Check out our easy, 60-second recipe for making your own vinaigrette (or any type of salad dressing, really) right here.
- Want to try a spin on the classic caprese salad? Maybe one that’s really ideal for summer? Try our recipe for watermelon “caprese” salad that will surprise and thrill your taste buds (and your guests!).
The Perfect, Delicious Entree To Accompany This Caprese Salad (That Will Help You Lose Weight, Too)
Looking for a main dish to serve alongside this delicious summery salad?
Well, you might already know that caprese salad is an Italian dish… so personally, I think pasta is a great choice for pairing with this salad!
Now, before you start to worry about “undoing” the health gains from this salad by loading up on carb-heavy pasta… I want to share some new research with you.
This groundbreaking research changes everything you know about pasta & other high-carb foods.
That’s because this research… conducted by an Ivy League scientist… actually found that eating more carbs can lead to more fat burn!
So yes, pasta… pizza… bread… pastries… and other carb-heavy foods can actually help you lose weight… as long as you do this one thing before eating carbs that was discovered by this scientist.
To find out what that “one thing” is… and how you can turn pasta & other delicious carbs into fat-burners… click here: