This Easy & Healthy Fruit Salad Recipe Is Packed With Nutrients & Health Benefits
Click Here to Discover 5 “Living Nutrients” That Allow Almost Any Woman to Burn More Fat & Banish Bloating…
Let’s talk about fruit salad for a minute.
There are lots of different varieties… which makes sense, since there are so many kinds of fruit.
But all too often, I see fruit salad recipes that call for TONS of sugar (like seriously, just add a cup of white sugar to your fruit). Or they tell you to smother your nice, fresh fruit in some weird combination of whipped topping with a Jell-O packet.TRENDING: Science Reveals Easy, No-Workout Ways to Lose Weight… While You Snooze!
And while that might taste pretty good… albeit, super sweet… one thing is for sure: it ISN’T very healthy for you.
Which is a shame, since fruit holds so many nutrients & benefits!
You don’t really want to “outweigh” the benefits of the fresh fruit with the sugar, do you? I certainly don’t!
So for this fruit salad recipe, I decided to keep it light and fresh – with no added sugar, whipped topping, or Jell-O packets.
Plus, this recipe doesn’t start with “open a can of mixed fruit drenched in sugary syrup.”
Instead, I’m really letting the fruit shine… which is a few different types of melon, in this case.
And the secret ingredient? Orange blossom water.BRAND NEW: These Delicious Desserts Can Help You Burn Fat & Lose Weight
If you aren’t sure where to find orange blossom water, check near the flavor extracts or in the international aisle at your grocery store.
Or, if you can’t find it in any local stores, you can always buy it online. (Amazon always comes through for me!)
And in addition to the orange blossom water… this recipe also features another ingredient that you might not often see in fruit salad.
It’s super fresh… packed with health benefits… and I’ll let you find out the rest below!
So without further ado, here is the fruit salad recipe you’ve been waiting for:
FTH’s Metabolism-Boosting Fruit Salad With Orange Blossom Water
- 2 cups cubed melon
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ¾ tsp range blossom water
- Toss the melon and watermelon together in a bowl – feel free to add some other fruits as well!
- Sprinkle the chopped mint on top and pour orange blossom water on top of the fruit. Toss.
- Enjoy this unbelievably refreshing dessert!
While I personally feel this recipe is a dessert at heart and provides the perfect sweet ending to a meal (without making you feel guilty about splurging on something filled with sugar)… you can also serve it as a lovely side dish to your main meal.
Or, I love eating a small bowlful of this fruit salad with my breakfast… or as a midday snack.
Whenever you decide to eat it, you’ll love it!
Why This Fruit Salad Is So Good For You
Luckily, this fruit salad with orange blossom water is not only tasty… but also very good for you!
So even though it’s sweet and delicious enough to be dessert… you can feel good about indulging in it.
First of all, let’s start with the health benefits of watermelon alone:
- Watermelon contains only 46 calories per cup, so it’s pretty low-calorie for how filling it.
- It is high in both vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Watermelon helps you stay hydrated thanks to its high water content. In fact, watermelon is 92% water! That high water content also keeps you feeling full.
- It contains a number of healthy plant compounds. One of them, lycopene, has even been linked to helping lower your risk of cancer.
- Lycopene and vitamin C, which are both found in watermelon, are also anti-inflammatory antioxidants. They can help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress. And that’s a big deal, since inflammation is linked to so many serious health problems.
- In addition, lycopene has been shown to help prevent macular degeneration. I’m starting think lycopene alone is a good enough reason to eat more watermelon!
- Both vitamin C and vitamin A are very important for the health of your skin and hair.
- Watermelon has a high water content and also contains some fiber. Together, these can help improve your digestion.
And that’s just the start! Watermelon is truly a superstar when it comes to health benefits.BRAND-NEW: Research Shows These 3 Sugar Substitutes Are Best For Burning Fat (Plus 2 You Should NEVER Eat)
How about those mint leaves, you ask? Well, they do more than just add a super refreshing flavor to this fruit salad recipe.
Here are some of the incredible health benefits of mint:
- Mint is rich in several important nutrients, including vitamin A, manganese, iron, fiber, and folate.
- Mint has been shown to help ease indigestion and can even help with other digestive problems like IBS.
- Of course, mint might be most popular for being used as a breath freshener. While it doesn’t make the source of bad breath go away, mint is a great way to freshen up your breath.
This metabolism-boosting fruit salad is truly a gold mine when it comes to health benefits, vitamins, and nutrients. It’s not only delicious enough to eat at any time of day with any meal (or as a stand-alone snack)… but it’s healthy enough to enjoy guilt-free at anytime, too!
So get into the kitchen and get chopping!
In Case You Need Another Healthy Dessert Recipe… (But With Chocolate This Time)
Let’s be honest. Chocolate makes everything better.
And when you’re trying to lose weight, some people might get stuck gazing longingly at it at the grocery store… instead of putting it in the cart and taking it home like they really want to!
But not you.
You’re going to be at home, indulging in gooey fudge brownies…
And before you panic about how these brownies are going to ruin your diet and sabotage all of your hard work…
(Especially if you’re like me and tend to eat half a pan in one sitting…)
Let me say that these fudge brownies are secretly slimming and actually good for you! That’s thanks to some easy & healthy ingredient swaps… that still give you that rich, indulgent taste… but none of the guilt.
Plus, they’re really simple to make (no need to do anything crazy like grind your own cocoa powder here)!
So to get this incredible fudge brownie recipe… plus 6 more rich & delicious yet secretly slimming dessert recipes… click here:
Click Here For This Decadent Yet Slimming Fudge Brownie Recipe (And 6 More Secretly Healthy, Totally Delicious Dessert Recipes)
[This post was updated by Fit Trim Happy on November 6, 2020.]