Check out the simple recipe that is an easy family favorite…
Thai food is definitely one of my favorite take out options!
I seem to always go straight for a giant plate of juicy pad thai topped with extra bits of freshly chopped peanuts.
Even though I’m always excited to chow down on a delicious plate of noodles – when it comes to watching my waistline…that’s A LOT of carbs.BRAND NEW: These Delicious Desserts Can Help You Burn Fat & Lose Weight
That’s why I’m head over heels for this guilt free pad thai recipe. It still packs all of those delicious flavors without all of those heavy carbs.
Check out this easy and super delish recipe below!
Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai Recipe
Calories: 410 per serving (makes 4 servings)
- 6 cups spaghetti squash noodles (roughly 1 spaghetti squash), cooked
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste or rice water vinegar
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce or mushroom oyster sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts, chopped
- 2 limes
1) Combine tamarind paste with hot water in small bowl. Add coconut sugar, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
2) Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes until browned. Remove from heat and set chicken aside.
3) Add onion to the same pan and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Push onion and garlic to one side of pan.
4) On the empty side of the pan, add the eggs and scramble until cooked. Mix the onions, garlic, and egg.
5) Add chicken back to the pan. Add the cooked spaghetti squash noodles and the sauce mixture. Toss noodles and stir all ingredients over heat for 4-5 minutes, until the noodles start to brown.
6) Remove from heat and add green onions, cilantro, and chopped peanuts. Toss to combine and squeeze the limes over the dish before eating.
The Trifecta Of Fat-Burning Ingredients In This Recipe
Any recipe that involves tangy thai food is an instant winner with me!
The mix of flavors (spicy red pepper flakes and crunchy peanuts!) that dance atop an endless pile of noodles – I simply can’t stop myself from gobbling down my entire plate!
That’s why I was so excited when I found this recipe because it is 100% Guilt-LESS!
Finally a thai dish I can enjoy without being scared to step on the scale the next day!
Substituting heavy noodles with zucchini noodles makes this dish an instant hit for anyone worried about carbs OR calories.
But the real star of the show with this recipe are the protein sources!
You are given an enormous fat burning boost from the eggs, peanuts AND chicken in this recipe!
I recently did some research into the benefits of protein & why it’s so important to get enough of it in your diet… and I was shocked!
Not only is protein essential for building & repairing muscle and tissue but…
Protein also plays a HUGE role in burning fat!
In fact, one study found that when people increased their protein intake (only a 15-30% daily increase)… they burned an average of 441 MORE calories the next day!
If burning more calories and losing weight fast involves eating more delicious protein packed meals – I AM IN!
To see some fun and innovative ways to add more protein to your diet and lose more weight… plus 2 more great “low-effort” weight loss tips… check out the link below now: